Friday, March 26, 2010

Audio: Austin on 99.9 KISW Seattle (BJ Shea Morning Experience)

Click here to listen to the audio interview!
Best used with Windows Media Player!!!


The following source is taken from ProWrestling.net:


Steve Austin was on The BJ Shea Morning Experience on KISW.com. Steve Migliore passed along the following recap.

I asked Stone Cold if he plans on being at WrestleMania: "No, I’m not going to be at WrestleMania. I really want to be because I at least wanted to go to the Hall Of Fame, you know, rather then the show just because I love the Hall Of Fame so much and I think it’s such a wonderful deal. But I’m gonna be, I’m in New York City right now, I’m fixing to take off to Boston and then I head to LA, Vancouver and then I’m in Seattle for a day so I’m going to miss the event but I’m looking forward to it, I’ll probably have to record it, but I’ll watch it when I get home."

I then asked him if he has ever considered jumping back in the ring one more time. I mentioned how Goldberg brought up Austin’s name when talking about how he thinks that he (Goldberg) has "one more match in him." Here is what Steve had to say:

"You know that would be fun working with Bill. I’ve always liked Bill and gotten along with him. I haven’t talked to him in quite sometime, he’s a good guy. But no for me, I’m going to leave well enough alone, I rode off into the sunset and my health is good right now. I have another couple of matches left in my body but I won’t choose to exercise those matches.

"I don’t want to go out there and be 90-95% of what Stone Cold Steve Austin was because I’m not going to sack and do it all, but I could be close, but that’s not good enough and there’s really no point in it. It’s not going to take me any farther in my acting career so it would be all for naught. I love my fans, I love that business, but I want to be remembered for what I was not for what I ended up being."

Which led me to asking him about his thoughts on guys like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, guys that are still wrestling:

"You know what, it’s just that their legacy will always be what it is. Ric Flair is my favorite pro wrestler in the world. Hogan’s had a great career and I’ll leave it at that."

No comments: