Monday, March 15, 2010

Austin News Haul

Source: ProWrestling.net
Ross on Steve Austin: "I talked with Steve this weekend and he was really excited about being back on Raw and feeling that live audience, adrenaline rush that one experiences. I cannot name any wrestler who better connected with their audience than did Stone Cold Steve Austin and I've seen a few in my day. I even think Steve was going down from LA to San Diego on Sunday, he's still old school, to be ready to rock the house Monday night. Obviously, WWE will be promoting the film 'Damage' starring Stone Cold that will be out on DVD on March 23 which is only 8 days from now."


Source: PWTorch.com

Tonight's WWE Raw guest host "Stone Cold" Steve Austin said in an interview tonight that he's not sure if he'll be at WrestleMania 26 this year, but he hopes to be at the Hall of Fame.

Austin will be on a publicity tour this week and next week promoting the DVD release of his "Damage" movie that could cause a scheduling conflict on being involved in WrestleMania.

"You know, I don't even know if I'm going to be there. I'm still working on that at least being at the Hall of Fame," Austin said on the Fight Show radio show tonight. "I was so proud to go into the Hall of Fame myself. I'm doing a swing (promoting "Damage") through L.A., New York, Philadelphia, and Harvard for a day."

Austin was asked about his role tonight on Raw and Austin joked that he can't stun everyone in the ring, but he should be involved in some fun angles being part of the show again after being away for a while.

"It's going to be interesting going on Monday Night Raw tonight. I haven't been around for a while," Austin said. "We're about that two-week countdown heading to WrestleMania. It's not like I can go out and stun the whole crew. (laughs) They're building matches and everything's coming to a head. I'm just looking forward to being in front of the crowd and saying hello."

At the end of the interview, Austin was asked about TNA competing against WWE on Monday nights. Austin said he doesn't think TNA, or any other promotion, will be able to compete against WWE, but it gives wrestlers another place to work.

"Competition is great for the wrestling business. I don't know if we'll ever re-create that Nitro-Raw War. They kicked our ass for two years, then we smoked their ass and never looked back and put 'em out of business," Austin said. "I wish the TNA people all the luck in the world because it means more of the boys have jobs and it gives fans an alternative. I don't think anyone will ever come close to really giving true competition to WWE because they're so far ahead of the game, they're rooted in their system, and they're a winner. I wish TNA all the luck in the world, but it's a totally different product."

No comments: