Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Austin On TNA Opposing WWE on Monday Nights, Says: "Just Brutal"

Source: PWTorch.com

WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin called TNA's attempt to oppose WWE on Monday nights "just brutal" in an interview with IGN.com. Austin is promoting the release of his new movie, "The Stranger," out on DVD today.

Asked by Matt Fowler of IGN.com what he thought of TNA's brief run on Mondays, Austin replied, "Oh, that was brutal. Just brutal. I've always wished TNA all the luck in the world. I mean, they'll never be able to compete on a level platform with the WWE but I still just want the company to do well because I have a lot of friends over there."

Austin added that he believes TNA needs to find their niche as a different type of wrestling product compared to what WWE is offering.

"I think they need to differentiate the product even more from what the WWE is because they'll never be able to compete with that," Austin said. "But, that being said, they've got some interesting storylines and some interesting talent over there. It's an alternative."

Austin also tried to define his current working relationship with WWE two months removed from guest-hosting Raw. He said he doesn't catch the product as much as he would like to.

"Technically I'm still with the company. I'm totally independent but technically I'm still with the company and have a great relationship with them," Austin said. "I'm trying to focus on the things that I've got going (so) I really don't get to watch that much TV at all. ... I don't watch the WWE as much as I'd like to, but I don't really watch TV in general."

At the end of the interview, Austin is passionate and candid talking about wrestling from the 1980s that he grew up on, calling it "some good s---." He said he watches that on tape more than current wrestling on TV.

"These days, in my garage I have two cardio machines and a flat screen TV. I still watch wrestling. I love it. I'll always love it. I'm still hooked on it, I'm just not in it anymore," Austin said.

You can read the interview with IGN.com in the post below!

No comments: