Friday, June 18, 2010

John Cena Compares Sheamus' Rise to Stardom to Austin's

Source: FunHouse.com
And Virginia @sheamusfanorg for the Tweet!

FanHouse had the opportunity to chat with John Cena before he participated as a celebrity judge along with Tony Parker and Erin Andrews in the Gillette Fusion ProGlide "Ultimate Summer Job" Contest on Tuesday. Interviewed by Tom Herrera, he was asked:

It's been a different time for WWE, with The Undertaker getting injured, Shawn Michaels retiring, even Batista leaving. So how has it been adjusting, since we've seen a lot of moving parts with the superstars, and who do you think -- and I read you were a fan of Evan Bourne -- who do you really think is gonna step it up to the next level?

Well I hate to label myself with veteran status, but I've been around here long enough, this is kind of the situation I was brought into the WWE under in 2002. They just had a lot of their roster move on, they just changed the name of the company, they just fizzled out the WCW takeover. There was a lot of changing of the guard going on in 2002, and here we are eight years later and it seems like we're at that junction again. I just want to make sure from my standpoint that our best folks are getting the chance. I love Evan Bourne. I think he loves the WWE, he's a very energizing and entertaining personality, and I think he has a bright future in WWE.

And here's the good part!


As much as I hate to say it, what Sheamus has accomplished in six months is something I haven't seen since ... man, since Steve Austin became "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

No comments: