Friday, November 5, 2010

Steve Austin Interview, Highlights, & CONTEST with WrestlingVoice.net

Audio
WrestlingVoice.net. You can download the podcast as well.



Highlights
Source: PWTorch.com

WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is neither confirming nor denying the report of him guest starring on the December 27 Raw from New York that originated on Howard Stern's radio show this week.

"I heard those rumors. I started hearing them last night and I started hearing them this morning on the computer. Man, I haven't heard anything about that," Austin said on the Wrestling Voice podcast promoting next week's release of the "Hunt to Kill" DVD movie.

"I'm getting ready to leave to film a movie in a week. When I get done with that, I'll be in Texas. Then, I'm coming back to work on another movie. If I'm supposed to be in Albany in December, I was figuring to be in Texas. Nobody has told me anything."

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, a close friend of Austin's, commented in his latest blog today on jrsbarbq.com that he does not believe Austin has not been scheduled for a guest starring role on the last Raw of the year.

"To the best of my knowledge, Steve Austin has not been officially scheduled to appear on an upcoming Raw as has been reported elsewhere," Ross said. "Steve is preparing to film another movie in Vancouver soon that will take him into December. At that time I assume he will head to his Texas ranch for some R&R and to celebrate the holidays. Jan and I hope to visit Steve and his crew at the Broken Skull Ranch in late December or early January."

-- Austin also talked about his current relationship with the wrestling business and how it compares to "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, who has separated himself from the business.

"I think I'm about as separated from wrestling as I can get. It seems like I've been away forever. I'll make an appearance every now and then to promote something on Raw, but I think I'm about as far as away from it as I can get," Austin said. "That said, I love the wrestling business and I love my fans, but I'm not in the mix anymore."

-- Austin also commented on the "confrontation" between two former colleagues, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar, at the UFC 121 PPV last month.

"It looked like they were attempting something," he said. "My opinion, when I look at the UFC and WWE, trying to mix those two is like oil and water. I don't see anything happening out of it."

-- Wrestling Voice editor Duane Doogan asked Austin about his recent "never say never" comments to the U.K. Sun on whether he would wrestle again. Austin was non-committal on commenting again, but talked about dream matches that did not materialize when he was an active wrestler.

"There's a couple of them that come to mind. It's the one people always talked about with the Austin vs. Goldberg thing just because of the look," he said. "I think the Stone Cold vs. Hulk Hogan match was the one everyone wanted to see back in the day."

-- Austin said he doesn't see anyone currently in the wrestling business being able to get to the "rarefied air" of an Austin, Rock, or Hogan type figure. He mentioned John Cena being there, but said, "I don't know that's out there right now."

-- On future movie projects, Austin said he'll be in Vancouver next week filming a S.W.A.T. team type movie with MMA fighter Keith Jardine. He'll be returning home to Texas for a month before returning to Vancouver to film a vigilante type movie.


Contest
WrestlingVoice.net is also hosting a CONTEST and giving away "Hunt To Kill" on DVD!

No comments: